Sunday, July 17, 2005

Quotation Station

I was re-reading some of my books on Khalil Gibran today and was smiling at some of the aphorisms. I didn't feel like adding anything in particular to them so I thought for today, since it is technically my vacation at home, I'd share some of the ones I liked best.

------------

Remembrance is a form of meeting.


Forgetfulness is a form of freedom.


There is a space between man's imagination and man's attainment that may only be traversed by his longing.


Paradise is there, behind that door, in the next room; but I have lost the key. Perhaps I have only mislaid it.


The significance of man is not in what he attains, but rather in what he longs to attain.


If winter should say, "Spring is in my heart," who would believe winter?


They dip their pens in our hearts and think they are inspired.


If I were to choose between the power of writing a poem and the ecstasy of a poem unwritten, I would choose the ecstasy. It is better poetry. But you say that I always choose badly.


Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary.


Love that does not renew itself every day becomes a habit and in turn a slavery.


No longing remains unfulfilled.


We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home