Wednesday, April 06, 2005

drawings by the bibiena family

Ugh. I'm that person. Yes, at this moment I too have succumbed to blog envy. Do I have anything particularly more interesting than anyone else to say? No, probably not. But I read other people's little essays on life and thought and it makes me think they're pretty smart. The good ones make me respect those people a little more.

I just had a birthday. So it's time to take a little stock in what we're doing with ourselves right? The biggest conlusion I've come to is that I'm not really sure. General ideas, most definitely. It's the details in between that are confusing. The best part is that it all adds up to me wanting to post my life on the internet.

And I'm really excited about embracing the cliche.

In other exciting news, I sold a book on amazon. Now perhaps to the average Joe this is not so terribly interesting. But, this book is a 87 page paperback called Transition Metals in the Synthesis of Complex Organic Molecules (I won't bother with the subtitle) and I purchased it for a Metallo-Organic seminar I took a few years back. So beyond the fact that I clearly will never ever pick this book up for some "light reading" I am excited to be rid of it because it cost me $79.95 when I bought it. Yes, that's nearly a dollar a page for a paperback book. But I have now sold it to Agwukwu Ofodu of Northvale, NJ for $70. Every once in a while, I have to contend that my life is most excellent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

once you start, you'll never go back!

Cool blog, andrienne.

-Andy

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home